Sunday, January 25, 2009

Growing....

Baby Reeves is going to be a handful....I can already tell. I've been feeling a lot better the last few weeks, but still have days where I feel like.......well, like there is an alien being growing inside my body. There aren't necessarily any "symptoms" to describe - but some days I wonder where this 2nd trimester "glow" that so many mothers talk about is...

Doc's appointment a couple of weeks ago went really well! My doctor is very funny and says things to me like, "eat a tablespoon of baking soda and you'll feel better" and "you should try boric acid, but don't say I didn't tell you so when you find out that it's also used to kill cockroaches..."
Baby is strong with a high heartrate (some say this means it's a girl!), and had the hiccups! I could hear baby splashing around and had visions of future swimming lessons that I would awkwardly and tensely oversee...(due to the fact that I never learned to swim as a child and still don't believe that it's a natural skill easily adopted by toddlers...)

In other news, I've been feeling the baby move for about 3 weeks, and it's becoming more and more frequent. At first it was more of a flutter, but it has become stronger and stronger, and is now a distinct movement that often feels like a kick or somersault. Believe it or not, last night I could feel it so strongly in one location - this repeated kick, that I felt I HAD to be able to feel it from the outside. Putting my hand on the spot, I waited a couple of moments, and then sure enough, I felt the little thump. Chase was sitting right beside me, and took a turn...didn't take long, and he felt it too! We're pretty amazed to experience this so early....it definitely makes it feel more real!

So, here's my 17 week picture....almost 4.5 months along! 3 more weeks until the halfway point....I can't believe how fast the time is flying. In 3 weeks we have our appointment to find out whether we're having a boy or girl - and then the planning can really begin!



I am planning to start a Prenatal Water Aerobics class this week to help keep me active, and to challenge my body in a different way that is particularly helpful in preparing for childbirth...this should be fun, seeing as the skill I never learned as a child hasn't exactly come easily in adulthood either...

Thanks for following along!

5 comments:

  1. HI
    it's so nice to see your updates!!
    CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!

    you hardly showing--I bet you'll have just the perfect bump come 8months.


    if you want to see our blog it's www.kateandjimi.blogspot.com

    to see where we are at with out little guy.

    ALL THE BEST TO YOU

    Katie & Jimi ...and William SMITH

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! it is killing me to read this but i am so thankful i have it to check up on you. i loved reading this because it felt like you were reading it to me. i could hear you saying it! haha i love you so much!!!!! miss you like whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! I would love to do water aerobics with you! I volunteer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing and freaky thing when the baby starts moving inside hey? You still don't look prego by the way... you would gape in awe at how ginormously huge I got with Gideon. At 5 months, I looked 9 months prego. Hah,, and it felt like it too!

    ReplyDelete