Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mysterious Destinations and Unfulfilled Cravings


I have to give a little background to this story, first. I have a very warm place in my heart for pickles, and since being pregnant, have craved them with the force of a thousand suns.

So we were driving to California for Christmas yesterday, and Chase pulled off the freeway for yet another unauthorized stop (the only allowed unscheduled stops are pee-breaks). I insisted that he tell me what we were doing, as I saw nothing of interest on the side of the freeway. He assured me that it was a "mommy surprise" and that I would be delighted. I muttered under my breath that the only "mommy surprise" that would make the team right about now was a visit to "Pickles 'R' Us"...

We were turning into a Walmart parking lot, still supposedly enroute to our mysterious destination, when there, ahead to the left, was..........Mr. Pickles. We stared at each other in stunned astonishment. What are the chances?!?!

It was closed. We proceeded to our real mystery destination, Sonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment